In an effort to promote sustainability, Washington Office Center has adopted a Green Cleaning Policy for the purpose of improving our indoor air quality, health, and environmental profile. We make it safer for our tenants by reducing the exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals and particulate containments. To aide in this effort, our cleaning team, REDCOATS, uses the least toxic chemicals when available, we purchase recyclable paper products, and we have retrofitted our bathroom fixtures with low-flow water fixtures to reduce water usage.
LEED Certification News: The building will submit for certification in spring 2017. It is our hope to be LEED certified by summer 2017!
Here are some tips on how you can help improve the energy performance of your office and home
- Use a power strip for your office equipment and home cinema, this gives you the opportunity to easily turn multiple devices on and off at the wall, all at once.
- Turn your computer and printer off when you leave your home or office.
- Unplug chargers and any other electronic device when you are not using them, saving energy by avoiding phantom load.
- Prevent the use of space heaters by bringing a blanket or coat to leave in your office.
Tenant Participation – How you can help!
- Keep vents clear of anything that could block airflow.
- Close window covering to block direct sunlight.
- Turn off electronics when not in use.
- Make sure recyclable materials make it into the recycle bin
- Notify building management when a light is left on overnight
In Your Home
- Set your thermostat to 78 degrees in summer and 68 in winter
- Change filters regularly
- Replace incandescent lamps with CFL’s or LED’s.
- Recycle and bring items from home for E-Cycle